webpage expands then shrinks??

erin.sebastian

Hello All,
I have taken over some code for a website and am trying to finish it. I
have noticed that when loading each page the site expands and then
shrinks to the normal size, i don't want this to occur. if you go to
http://preview.sgci.com/lutherwoodaes you will be able to see what i am
talking about. Any ideas or direction?
thanks in advance,
Erin

erin.sebastian

It only occurs in IE and it occurs when you change any of the pages,
the code would be much too big to post and it hasn't been fixed yet
becuase i am not sure what's wrong.
thanks for your help,
Erin

Evertjan.

wrote on 05 dec 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
It only occurs in IE and it occurs when you change any of the pages,
the code would be much too big to post and it hasn't been fixed yet
becuase i am not sure what's wrong.
thanks for your help,

ASP does not know about browsers or web page sizes.

Please ask a clientside NG.

Larry Bud

Hello All,
I have taken over some code for a website and am trying to finish it. I
have noticed that when loading each page the site expands and then
shrinks to the normal size, i don't want this to occur. if you go to
http://preview.sgci.com/lutherwoodaes you will be able to see what i am
talking about. Any ideas or direction?
thanks in advance,
Erin

It's written that way. Check out the minmax.js file that is included
in your site. Looks like some dynamic resizing going on.

Not an ASP issue, of course.

BTW, for the other poster, you only see it if you're in a resolution
larger than 1024x768. The banner fills the width of the window, then
gets resized.

Larry Bud

Hello All,
I have taken over some code for a website and am trying to finish it. I
have noticed that when loading each page the site expands and then
shrinks to the normal size, i don't want this to occur. if you go to
http://preview.sgci.com/lutherwoodaes you will be able to see what i am
talking about. Any ideas or direction?
thanks in advance,
Erin

BTW, I get an ASP error on the following page

http://preview.sgci.com/lutherwoodaes/international.asp?content_id=75&category_id=28&city_id=3

erin.sebastian

Thanks so much Larry,
I will take a look at that JS file. I actually took over this code from
someone else and don't have alot of experience with ASP hence the
questions. The site that i directed you to is the site the other people
did and didn't finish , that's why you received that error. The site i
am working on is internal still so i can't direct you to what i've done
with it since i've taken it over . I will update you on my progress
tomorrow.
THANKS!!
Erin

erin.sebastian

Hi Larry,
Do you think you might direct me to the lines in the file that may be
causing this?
Thanks,
Erin