Webpage stops loading when link is clicked.

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Jammer, Sep 21, 2003.

  1. Jammer

    Jammer Guest

    I've managed to construct an ASP page that reads JPG file names from a
    directory, then constructs a page with a table of links to bigger JPG
    pictures.

    I have a big problem...

    If the page hasn't entirely loaded and I click on one of the links
    pictures that has loaded, then the original page will stop loading and
    the new popup page loads instead. I don't want the original page to
    stop loading. How do I do this?

    I'm pulling my hair out. : (

    Any help would be really appreciated.

    Thanks.

    Jam

    Jammer, Sep 21, 2003

  2. Jammer

    Bob Barrows Guest

    Jammer wrote:
    > I've managed to construct an ASP page that reads JPG file names from a
    > directory, then constructs a page with a table of links to bigger JPG
    > pictures.
    >
    > I have a big problem...
    >
    > If the page hasn't entirely loaded and I click on one of the links
    > pictures that has loaded, then the original page will stop loading and
    > the new popup page loads instead. I don't want the original page to
    > stop loading. How do I do this?

    Turn on the buffer:
    <%
    Response.Buffer = True
    'etc.
    %>

    This will force all the server-side code to be executed and the entire html
    page built and buffered on the server before it is sent to the client. The
    page should also load quicker in the browser.

    HTH,
    Bob Barrows

    Bob Barrows, Sep 21, 2003