WebPart asp.net database iis 6.0, iis5.0 and personal web server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by yfa, Dec 8, 2006.

  1. yfa

    yfa Guest

    Hello,

    I'm using WebPart on a IIS 6.0 web server running Windows 2003.
    I made a backup of the ASP database and I restore it on an other computer
    with Windows XP.

    Test 1 : I started the web site with the personal web server provided by
    Visual Studio 2005. WebParts previously created when the web site was on IIS
    6.0 do not display.
    Test 2 : I started the web site with IIS 5.0 provided by Windows XP.
    WebParts previously created when the web site was running on IIS 6.0
    display.
    Test 3 : I started the web site with the personal web server provided by
    Visual Studio 2005. I added a WebPart, no problem. Then I Started the web
    site with IIS 5.0 provided by Windows XP, the recently added WebPart does
    not display.

    WebParts created when the web site is running IIS cannot be displayed when
    the web site is running personal web server and vice versa.

    Please help
    yfa

    yfa, Dec 8, 2006

  2. Sounds like you are running into an installation issue. Have you tried
    re-installing.

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney