Webparts - Ajax.net = You must enable Web Parts by adding a ScriptManager to your page

Ryan

Hi everyone,

I have enabled my webparts site to use ajax by simply using
updatepanels. This worked fine. Now I tried to enable drag and drop
for the webparts so I added some stuff to the web config:

http://blogs.neudesic.com/blogs/david_barkol/archive/2006/03/22/82.aspx

I have a masterpage with no webpart stuff and child pages with all the
webpartzones and the custom webpartmanager. I have tried putting the
scriptmanager in either place and I still get the same error:

You must enable Web Parts by adding a ScriptManager to your page. The
ScriptManager must be placed before any Web Part controls on the page.

I suspect that my web.config is goofed up, but I'm not sure
where . . . any ideas? Would the entire web.config help solve the
problem?

Thanks for any help you can offer. Have a nice day,
Ryan