WebParts - Beginner Question

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Rob Meade, Jun 7, 2007.

  1. Rob Meade

    Rob Meade Guest

    Dear all,

    I've followed two examples online now and experienced the same problem/error
    with both...

    I create a new webform, add a webpartmanager, add a table with three cells,
    plonk a webpartzone control in each one, stuff a calendar control into the
    first webpartzone - hit F5 and....

    An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When
    connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that
    under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.
    (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating
    Server/Instance Specified)

    SQLExpress database file auto-creation error:

    The connection string specifies a local Sql Server Express instance using a
    database location within the applications App_Data directory. The provider
    attempted to automatically create the application services database because
    the provider determined that the database does not exist. The following
    configuration requirements are necessary to successfully check for existence
    of the application services database and automatically create the
    application services database:

    If the applications App_Data directory does not already exist, the web
    server account must have read and write access to the applications
    directory. This is necessary because the web server account will
    automatically create the App_Data directory if it does not already exist.
    If the applications App_Data directory already exists, the web server
    account only requires read and write access to the applications App_Data
    directory. This is necessary because the web server account will attempt to
    verify that the Sql Server Express database already exists within the
    applications App_Data directory. Revoking read access on the App_Data
    directory from the web server account will prevent the provider from
    correctly determining if the Sql Server Express database already exists.
    This will cause an error when the provider attempts to create a duplicate of
    an already existing database. Write access is required because the web
    server accounts credentials are used when creating the new database.
    Sql Server Express must be installed on the machine.
    The process identity for the web server account must have a local user
    profile. See the readme document for details on how to create a local user
    profile for both machine and domain accounts.

    Does this mean that I have to have SQLServer Express installed just to run
    this? If I turn the personalisation to "False" the error doesn't exist, but
    then I seem unable to move any of the controls from one webpartzone to
    another?!

    Any help would be really appreciated...

    Regards

    Rob