WebParts - Beginner Question

Rob Meade

Dear all,

I've followed two examples online now and experienced the same problem/error
with both...

I create a new webform, add a webpartmanager, add a table with three cells,
plonk a webpartzone control in each one, stuff a calendar control into the
first webpartzone - hit F5 and....

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When
connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that
under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.
(provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating
Server/Instance Specified)

SQLExpress database file auto-creation error:

The connection string specifies a local Sql Server Express instance using a
database location within the applications App_Data directory. The provider
attempted to automatically create the application services database because
the provider determined that the database does not exist. The following
configuration requirements are necessary to successfully check for existence
of the application services database and automatically create the
application services database:

If the applications App_Data directory does not already exist, the web
server account must have read and write access to the applications
directory. This is necessary because the web server account will
automatically create the App_Data directory if it does not already exist.
If the applications App_Data directory already exists, the web server
account only requires read and write access to the applications App_Data
directory. This is necessary because the web server account will attempt to
verify that the Sql Server Express database already exists within the
applications App_Data directory. Revoking read access on the App_Data
directory from the web server account will prevent the provider from
correctly determining if the Sql Server Express database already exists.
This will cause an error when the provider attempts to create a duplicate of
an already existing database. Write access is required because the web
server accounts credentials are used when creating the new database.
Sql Server Express must be installed on the machine.
The process identity for the web server account must have a local user
profile. See the readme document for details on how to create a local user
profile for both machine and domain accounts.

Does this mean that I have to have SQLServer Express installed just to run
this? If I turn the personalisation to "False" the error doesn't exist, but
then I seem unable to move any of the controls from one webpartzone to
another?!

Any help would be really appreciated...

Regards

Rob