    Thanks,

    Brian
    , Sep 19, 2006

  2. re:
    > System.Web.UI.WebControls.Webparts

    It's its own namespace:
    http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickSta...?namespace=System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts

    ....and it resides in System.Web

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ===================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Sep 19, 2006

  3. I should have specified that it's in system.web.dll

    btw, VS 2005's Object Browser is great for finding out
    in which dll a namespace resides.

    Just search for the namespace and then highlight its container.

    In this case, searching for System.Web.UI.WebControls.Webparts returns:

    namespace System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts
    Member of System.Web

    Then, highlighting System.Web returns :

    Assembly System.Web
    Drive:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Web.dll

    Juan T. Llibre, Sep 19, 2006

    Hello,

    Thanks for your quick response Juan!

    Adding the system.web.dll to the project doesn't allow me to use the
    ".Webparts" namespace, it works until "System.Web.UI.WebControls", but
    after ".WebControls" nothing appears, do you know why is this
    happening?

    Thanks again,

    Brian
    , Sep 19, 2006
  5. Hans Kesting Guest

    > Hello,
    >
    > Thanks for your quick response Juan!
    >
    > Adding the system.web.dll to the project doesn't allow me to use the
    > ".Webparts" namespace, it works until "System.Web.UI.WebControls", but
    > after ".WebControls" nothing appears, do you know why is this
    > happening?
    >
    > Thanks again,
    >
    > Brian

    What version of the framework are you using? v1.1 didn't have WebParts
    yet.
    The version is that "v2.0.50727" part in the dll-path Juan's reply.

    Hans Kesting
    Hans Kesting, Sep 19, 2006

    Ohh that's why then!

    Thanks very much,

    Brian
    , Sep 19, 2006
  7. re:
    > What version of the framework are you using? v1.1 didn't have WebParts yet.
    > The version is that "v2.0.50727" part in the dll-path Juan's reply.

    Thanks, Hans.
    I should have made that clear.

    Juan T. Llibre, Sep 19, 2006