Webparts dll?

brianroisentul

Hello,

I'd like to know which dll I have to reference when I use the
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Webparts namespace.

Thanks,

Brian

Juan T. Llibre

I should have specified that it's in system.web.dll

btw, VS 2005's Object Browser is great for finding out
in which dll a namespace resides.

Just search for the namespace and then highlight its container.

In this case, searching for System.Web.UI.WebControls.Webparts returns:

namespace System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts
Member of System.Web

Then, highlighting System.Web returns :

Assembly System.Web
Drive:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Web.dll

brianroisentul

Hello,

Thanks for your quick response Juan!

Adding the system.web.dll to the project doesn't allow me to use the
".Webparts" namespace, it works until "System.Web.UI.WebControls", but
after ".WebControls" nothing appears, do you know why is this
happening?

Thanks again,

Brian

Hans Kesting

Hello,
Thanks for your quick response Juan!

Adding the system.web.dll to the project doesn't allow me to use the
".Webparts" namespace, it works until "System.Web.UI.WebControls", but
after ".WebControls" nothing appears, do you know why is this
happening?

Thanks again,

Brian

What version of the framework are you using? v1.1 didn't have WebParts
yet.
The version is that "v2.0.50727" part in the dll-path Juan's reply.

Hans Kesting

Juan T. Llibre

re:
What version of the framework are you using? v1.1 didn't have WebParts yet.
The version is that "v2.0.50727" part in the dll-path Juan's reply.

Thanks, Hans.
I should have made that clear.