WebParts dragdrop functionality within FireFox \ Safari and Chrome

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Paul Hale, Sep 4, 2008.

  1. Paul Hale

    Paul Hale Guest

    Is it possible to get webparts dragdrop working within the above browsers?
    And if not, why not?

    My research shows that this functionality was originally introduced back in
    a May 2006 Futures release but seems to have been pulled since then. Web
    Parts is a cool technology but few developers are going to use them for web
    based apps if different browsers render different interfaces to use them.

    Further research leads me to believe that it may be possible to get dragdrop
    within FireFox 3 (at least - no idea if this will work with the WebKit
    browser engine) using the July 2007 Futures release? Is this correct?

    Any help or advice very much appreciated.
    Fingers crossed that 4.0 brings dragdrop cross browser compatibility
    (although I can’t find anything on codeplex that gives me much hope)

    Paul.

    Paul Hale, Sep 4, 2008