webparts / SPS / COM+ woes

Steve Tighe via .NET 247

Hi

I have been struggling for a few days on and off to get to thebottom of this one so here we go.
I have an XP machine running .netframwoerk 1.1 and I have acomponent(configured as a server) running under componentservices. Also on this machine I have sql server 2000 and VS.Net 2003. The component that runs under component services is a.net component. My second machine is a Win svr 2003 box. onwhich is also installed Share point services and vs .net 2003.
I exported the component proxy from the xp machine and installedit on the 2003 box(I have enabled the xtra com+ network stuffvia add/remove programs). I built a daft win forms app on the2003 server that uses the proxy and returns data. This worksfine, I then built a an asp.net app and deployed it to the 2003server, this also uses the proxy and this also works fine. Nexton the 2003 server I build a webpart that also uses the proxyand deploy that on the 2003 server, I add the webpart to my homepage in SPS. This fails.
The interestig bit about the error I receive below is that when Idebug the webpart it fails when I instanciate the class. here isthe error:

Error:: Access is denied.
INNER:: STACK:: atSystem.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo) atSystem.EnterpriseServices.Thunk.Proxy.CoCreateObject(TypeserverType, Boolean bQuerySCInfo, Boolean& bIsAnotherProcess,String& uri) atSystem.EnterpriseServices.ServicedComponentProxyAttribute.CreateInstance(Type serverType) atSystem.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServices.IsCurrentContextOK(Type serverType, Object[] props, Boolean bNewObj) atPhoenixs.OASIS.SPSIntegration.CustomerAccountLookup.CustomerAccountLookupWP.btAccSearch_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) inc:\developmentprojects\customeraccountlookup\customeraccountlookup.cs:line159

Thanks in advance, any ideas much appreciated.