[Webpshere 6] -Container-managed datasource

olivier.girard

As far as I undersdand Websphere, there are mainly 2 ways of
configuring a datasource within Websphere :
- Component-managed authentication: the application provide login /
pass
- Container-managed authentication: the application does not provide it
(and cannot), it is configured on the server side
Is that still correct ?

With WAS6, it seems the container approach is deprecated (though it is
not very clear to me). Does that mean all of it is deprecated, or only
a specific way of doing it
(only one of these 3 method is deprecated: - JAAS login configuration
- Default method - Custom login configuration) ?
What is the reason of this deprecation ?