    Short version ... Should I be adding these files to my source control?

    --
    Ror
    Rory Becker, Dec 4, 2008

  2. Hi Rory,

    The datasource file is mainly used in WinForm application. It's used to
    support drag drop creating UI. We can open the Data Sources Window to see
    the effect of this file. (Please try to create a WinForm application and
    add a web reference)

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/6ckyxa83(VS.80).aspx

    As to ASP.NET application the file is seldom used. If you don't like it you
    can just delete it. But please note this file will be regenerated after
    regenerating the proxy class. Of course, you don't have to include it in
    your source control for your ASP.NET application.

    Please let me know if you need further assistance.

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Community Support

    .

    Allen Chen [MSFT], Dec 5, 2008

  3. Hi Rory,

    Do you have any progress on this issue?

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support
    Allen Chen [MSFT], Jan 6, 2009
  4. Rory Becker

    Rory Becker Guest

    Hello Allen Chen [MSFT],

    > Hi Rory,
    >
    > Do you have any progress on this issue?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Allen Chen
    > Microsoft Online Support

    My apologies for not responding earlier Allen.

    your previous answer indeed clears things up nicely for me.

    Thankyou very much for your time on this.

    --
    Ror
    Rory Becker, Jan 12, 2009
  5. Rory Becker

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    how to generate .datasource file using commandline tools

    Hi Alen

    I am trying to generate these ".datasource" files using command line tools like wsdl.exe or disco.exe but some how not able to do
    Can you please help me out of this?

    To give you little backgroud: I am trying to Automate the update web reference task in my Windows app which has many web services referenced in it. I want to create a Batch file in which I will be calling the disco.exe and wsdl.exe to generate reference.vb, service.wsdl, service.disco, results.discomap (Reference.map)
    X.datasource?
    y.datasource?

    Thanks in Advance
    , Mar 14, 2009