WebRequest class

Guest

I am trying to create an XML file in a shared folder on the intranet but keep
getting an exception. I am using the Create method of the WebRequest class
and calling the response method afterwards.

The syntax is fine, but I am being told that I cannot access the folder.

IIs has been set to allow anonymous users and I also have <allow users="?"/>
in the config file. I could grant the ASPNET account access to the folder
but would prefer running the code as the authenticated user rather than the
local user.

The objective is to creater the XML file in the shared folder as an
anonymous user and allow only that anonymous user to access it again. If
anyone can suggest another approach I would be grateful.

Guest

Could you post some sample code that shows how you are using WebRequest to
create and save a file? A "short but complete" snippet will help.
Peter

S. Justin Gengo

The preferred method to set this up security wise would be to create an
account on the network that has access to just the folder in question and
then tell IIS to run it's anonymous access with that account.

Regards,

--
S. Justin Gengo
Web Developer / Programmer