WebRequest using the wrong credentials

Guest

I have used impersonation to assign all logged in users an account to access
a folder on a network share. However, when they try to access this folder,
they are doing so as the machine user, not the identity they are logged in as.

Any ideas?

Craig Deelsnyder

I have used impersonation to assign all logged in users an account to
access
a folder on a network share. However, when they try to access this
folder,
they are doing so as the machine user, not the identity they are logged
in as.

Any ideas?

You are hitting the 'one hop rule'. NTLM credentials can only hop to one
computer, so from the user's OS/browser to your web server. When the web
server accesses the remote folder, it can't pass the user's credentials,
as the rule says it can't. Only way around it is to use Kerberos, or as
obvious give access to the folder to the machine account.