    a folder on a network share. However, when they try to access this folder,
    they are doing so as the machine user, not the identity they are logged in as.

    Any ideas?

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2FzaGRlc2ttYWM=?=, Mar 31, 2006

  2. On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 07:44:03 -0600, cashdeskmac
    <> wrote:

    > I have used impersonation to assign all logged in users an account to
    > access
    > a folder on a network share. However, when they try to access this
    > folder,
    > they are doing so as the machine user, not the identity they are logged
    > in as.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    You are hitting the 'one hop rule'. NTLM credentials can only hop to one
    computer, so from the user's OS/browser to your web server. When the web
    server accesses the remote folder, it can't pass the user's credentials,
    as the rule says it can't. Only way around it is to use Kerberos, or as
    obvious give access to the folder to the machine account.

    --
    Craig
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

    Craig Deelsnyder, Mar 31, 2006