    events aswell based on the WebRequestEvent class.

    The docs state that this event is raised for every request.

    Do I need some extra config to get these events?
    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQ=?=, Apr 16, 2007

  2. Hi David,

    As for the "WebRequestEvent" event, I have also tested on my side, and did
    get the same behavior as what you find. Actually, after some further
    research, I think the MSDN document about the "WebRequestEvent" should
    means this class is provided as base classes of any request specific event,
    and it is left to the developers who will create the concrete sub classes
    from it and use in the application. And the following statement:

    "The WebRequestEvent is raised at every Web request. "

    should means that if you use "WebRequestEvent", you should raise it in each
    web request, for example, use HttpModule to raise the certain event. Also,
    so far the ASP.NET 2.0 runtime system hasn't implemented any other concrete
    event class derived from this "WebRequestEvent" class. The MSDN reference
    has provided an example on creating a custom concrete WebRequest event
    class:

    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.management.webrequesteve
    nt.aspx

    Anyway, I'll help you perform some further research to confirm on this.

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    ications.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Apr 17, 2007

  3. Thanks Steven. I would be grateful if you could do some more digging. I am
    curious about the WebEventCodes.RequestTransactionComplete field and when a
    web event with this field would be raised.

    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/li...tcodes.requesttransactioncomplete(VS.80).aspx

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQ=?=, Apr 18, 2007
  4. Hi David,

    I have discussed this behavior with some other ASPNET engineers. here are
    our current conclusion on this:

    Based on the search in ASP.NET's source code, we haven't found any place
    which raise thise WebRequestEvent instance, and there also hasn't any
    concrete implemented class derived from it. Therefore, I think it should be
    a document issue of the MSDN reference.

    BTW, if you want like, you can create your own WebRequestEvent and raise in
    your own code(such as custom httpmodule) as you need.

    In addition, for the document issue, I suggest you try submit comments in
    the MSDN reference link directly

    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.management.webrequesteve
    nt.aspx

    Or post in our product feedback center:

    http://connect.microsoft.com/feedback/default.aspx?SiteID=210

    Your feedback and comments are really appreciated!

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Apr 19, 2007
  5. Hi David,

    How are you doing on this issue, have you any further questions or does the
    information in my last reply still helps a little? If there is anything
    else we can help, please feel free to post here.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Apr 23, 2007