Webresource.axd

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by roger31, Jul 5, 2006.

  1. roger31

    roger31 Guest

    Hello - i have created a simple composite control with drop down list
    displaying the US States. I have also a Javascript (County.js) file embedded
    inside the control. The Javascript file has an array of County Names. IN
    another Javascript i have a function that will display a list of county names
    for the selected state. I am using the following to register the javascript
    rstype = resource type; rsname = fully qualified resource name including the
    namespace
    csm.RegisterClientScriptResource(rstype, rsname).

    After i browse to the page i am able to download the Javascript file by
    pasting the WebResource.axd?......... into the Url but my "OnChange" event
    for the Drop downlist does not fire. I am not sure why the Onchange is
    failing.

    Here is how the onchange is wired on the serverside

    SelectCtrl.Attributes.Add("onchange", "'<%=
    WebResource(AddressCtrl.ChangeImage();) %>'");

    any help is appreciated. thanks

    roger31, Jul 5, 2006

  2. roger31

    Guest

    Are you using the select html control or the dropdownlist web server
    control within the composite control?

    roger31 wrote:
    > Hello - i have created a simple composite control with drop down list
    > displaying the US States. I have also a Javascript (County.js) file embedded
    > inside the control. The Javascript file has an array of County Names. IN
    > another Javascript i have a function that will display a list of county names
    > for the selected state. I am using the following to register the javascript
    > rstype = resource type; rsname = fully qualified resource name including the
    > namespace
    > csm.RegisterClientScriptResource(rstype, rsname).
    >
    > After i browse to the page i am able to download the Javascript file by
    > pasting the WebResource.axd?......... into the Url but my "OnChange" event
    > for the Drop downlist does not fire. I am not sure why the Onchange is
    > failing.
    >
    > Here is how the onchange is wired on the serverside
    >
    > SelectCtrl.Attributes.Add("onchange", "'<%=
    > WebResource(AddressCtrl.ChangeImage();) %>'");
    >
    > any help is appreciated. thanks

    , Jul 6, 2006