WebResource problem

Mark Denardo

I'm having a problem when building a Custom Control that includes embedded WebResources. (using VB.NET 2.0)

My namespace I'm using is: myCompany.CustomControl
And the image I'm trying to reference is: Images/myImage.gif

From reading my .NET books and looking through numerous articles on WebResources, the way I should be able to use this in code seems to be something like so:

=> I declare it like so:
<Assembly: WebResource("myCompany.CustomControls.Images.myImage.gif", "image/gif")>

=> And later reference it like so:
myImage = Page.ClientScript.GetWebResourceUrl(Me.GetType(), "myCompany.CustomControls.Images.myImage.gif")

But this didn't work. But after playing around, I changed my Namespace to myCompanyCustomControls (took out the dot reference)
and moved myImage.gif to the root level and then used:

<Assembly: WebResource("myCompanyCustomControls.myImage.gif", "image/gif")>
myImage = Page.ClientScript.GetWebResourceUrl(Me.GetType(), "myCompanyCustomControls.myImage.gif")

and then it worked.

I tried a number of different things, but cannot get anything working with any additional dot references.

Now I can live with leaving my resources in the root directory, but I need my Namespace to be myCompany.CustomControls

Anyone see what I may be doing wrong. All of the example articles on the internet are in C# and frankly so are my books (C# is my primary language, but my company uses VB.NET). I wondering if I need to do something special in VB?

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Mark