    Jim Freeze
    Code Red. Code Ruby

    , Jan 7, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I have a directory of files that I want to share over the net
    > with Webrick. Basically, I have something simple now where
    > Webrick mounts the directory and serves up the files. Neat
    > and simple.
    >
    > However, I have another set of files that I want to share,
    > but I want to have only authorized people access them.
    >
    > Is there a simple way (say by adding htaccess to a directory(s))
    > to add authentication to a webrick mounted directory?
    >
    > Sorry if this is a dumb question.
    >
    > Thanks

    Is Webrick secure? What's precautions and gotchas should we put our
    attention too? Also, how the performance?

    Sarah Tanembaum, Jan 8, 2005

  3. Bill Atkins Guest

    Well, that won't do the OP any good if he isn't using Rails.

    There's a sample of Webrick authentication at
    http://thekode.net/misc/httpd-auth.txt

    Bill

    --
    $stdout.sync = true
    "Just another Ruby hacker.".each_byte do |b|

    Bill Atkins, Jan 8, 2005
  4. Peter Retief Guest

    Peter Retief, Jan 9, 2005