webrick - max_osx, windoze, and linux

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Ara.T.Howard, Sep 26, 2003.

  1. Ara.T.Howard

    Ara.T.Howard Guest

    i know that it should be _possible_, but has anyone actually written a webrick
    server that runs on 'all three'?

    i'm working on something which must and i would stick something in my eye if i
    found out i had to use jxxx

    -a
    ====================================
    ====================================
    Ara.T.Howard, Sep 26, 2003

  2. Ara.T.Howard

    Eric Hodel Guest

    --A6N2fC+uXW/VQSAv

    Ara.T.Howard () wrote:

    >=20
    > i know that it should be _possible_, but has anyone actually
    > written a webrick server that runs on 'all three'?

    The bundled WEBrick servlets all work almost equally well in both *NIX
    and windows environments. The only problem I've had was with the CGI
    handler, which you may have read about earlier in the list.

    Since its all pure Ruby, and the core is written for you, all you have
    to worry about is acting appropriately on GET, POST, etc requests.

    --=20
    Eric Hodel - - http://segment7.net
    All messages signed with fingerprint:
    FEC2 57F1 D465 EB15 5D6E 7C11 332A 551C 796C 9F04

    --A6N2fC+uXW/VQSAv

    --A6N2fC+uXW/VQSAv--
    Eric Hodel, Sep 27, 2003