WebRogue -- A roguelike based on a Python CGI server

Discussion in 'Python' started by Will Stuyvesant, Aug 30, 2003.

  1. I have put the beginnings of a CGI based roguelike on the
    internet. You can see it at

    http://wspace.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/webrogue/play.py?name=TestMe&pw=test&action=rest

    There is not much going on yet: You can walk around, if you
    run into a wall you lose a hitpoint, you can pick up gold,
    and LOS is implemented with the Bresenham algorithm; but
    there is only one dungeon level, no other monsters, no
    doors, etc. Valid actions are n, e, s, w, ne, nw, se, sw,
    pickup and rest.

    I am looking for somebody to help with good CGI hosting, and
    possibly mod-python and SSL. Although I like CGI, using CGI
    sometimes drives me nuts because of all the permission
    configuration issues. I am not a systems administrator, I
    am a software designer and programmer and I like to do this
    for fun.

    If you are interested you can download the CGI scripts and a
    client at

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/wspace

    Get webrogue.zip at

    http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=72532&release_id=181250

    If you install it into your cgi-bin then you also need to
    make a writable subdirectory called "data". If you have
    other installation problems, don't ask me but read the
    source. And improve it and let me know.

    Have fun!
    Will Stuyvesant, Aug 30, 2003