    the server.
    Thank you .
    L.

    Johny, Mar 5, 2007

  2. Johny

    Michael Guest

    Johny wrote:

    > Can anyone suggest a way how to balance load on Apache server where I
    > have Python scripts running?
    > For example I have 3 webservers( Apache servers) and I would like to
    > sent user's request to one of the three server depending on a load on
    > the server.

    To be honest, you're best looking at the Linux Virtual Server project. It's
    really cool technology and scales extremely well. You can do things at a
    higher level, but LVS does work and scale extremely well. VS-TUN is
    particularly useful if you have an unusual network topology.

    http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/

    Michael.

    Michael, Mar 6, 2007

  3. Johny

    sjpiii Guest

    "Johny" <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone suggest a way how to balance load on Apache server where I
    > have Python scripts running?
    > For example I have 3 webservers( Apache servers) and I would like to
    > sent user's request to one of the three server depending on a load on
    > the server.
    > Thank you .
    > L.

    I believe you can do this with mod_proxy and mod_proxy_balancer within
    apache itself. I have not tried it, but the documentation is here:
    http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy_balancer.html

    Jp

    sjpiii, Mar 6, 2007