Webserver balance load

Johny

Can anyone suggest a way how to balance load on Apache server where I
have Python scripts running?
For example I have 3 webservers( Apache servers) and I would like to
sent user's request to one of the three server depending on a load on
the server.
Thank you .
L.

Michael

Johny said:
Can anyone suggest a way how to balance load on Apache server where I
have Python scripts running?
For example I have 3 webservers( Apache servers) and I would like to
sent user's request to one of the three server depending on a load on
the server.

To be honest, you're best looking at the Linux Virtual Server project. It's
really cool technology and scales extremely well. You can do things at a
higher level, but LVS does work and scale extremely well. VS-TUN is
particularly useful if you have an unusual network topology.

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/

Michael.

sjpiii

Johny said:
Can anyone suggest a way how to balance load on Apache server where I
have Python scripts running?
For example I have 3 webservers( Apache servers) and I would like to
sent user's request to one of the three server depending on a load on
the server.
Thank you .
L.
I believe you can do this with mod_proxy and mod_proxy_balancer within
apache itself. I have not tried it, but the documentation is here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy_balancer.html

Jp