WebService and IIS wildcard mapping = 405

peter.furby

Hi, does anyone know how to combind wildcard mapping in the IIS and the
use of WebServices.
I am developing using Microsoft Atlas, everything works fine. I can
create and publish webservices and I can consume them from javascript,
etc. But when I add a wildcard mapping (IIS 5.1) to the IIS (uncheck
verify that file exists) the WebServices stops to work.

[HttpException (0x80004005): The HTTP verb POST used to access path
'/MyWebApplication/WebServices/HelloService.asmx/HelloWorld' is not
allowed.]
System.Web.DefaultHttpHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext
context, AsyncCallback callback, Object state) +3325829

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
+3284758
completedSynchronously) +155

The wildcard mapping is needed for other functionality in the web
application. How can I combind the wildcard mapping in the IIS and
still get my WebServices to work?

Best Regards,
peter