Webservice and Paradox - do they mix ??

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Jonas L, Dec 2, 2003.

  1. Jonas L

    Jonas L Guest

    Hi,

    I'm writing a webservice that's using a Paradox database to store the
    data. I have written a small (windows form) test app that connects to
    the Paradox database and that works fine. When I try to do the same in
    a webservice I keep getting an error. I have used an ODBC connection
    to connect and according to the ODBC error message the ODBC driver
    can't find the data source. Error code [IM002].

    My first thought was that this problem has something to with IUSER
    account in my XP and the fact that Paradox is a file database. But
    after having moved the database into the webservice folder and changed
    the properties of the folder so that the IUSR account has all right it
    still doesn't work.

    Could someone help me? Am I on track or should I try something
    different and if so what?

    Regards
    Jonas

    Jonas L, Dec 2, 2003