webservice and session

^MisterJingo^

Hi all,

I have to build a webservice which allows users to login through it
(using a ticket system). What I'm unsure on is does the server start a
session for remote webservice requests? I ask as I need to generate a
ticket to be stored in the application to authenticate valid requests
from the client.

Thanks

Alvin Bruney

webservices are by default stateless. If you need the webservice to run in
the context of a user session you should enable it using the session
attribute. However, bear in mind that stateful webservices provide a certain
complexity to callers.

--

Warm regards,

[Shameless Author plug]