WebService Authentication

mail747097

I'm trying to call a web service with a different user than the one I
have logged in with. I'm using the web server built into VS.NET 2005.

I have the following code to call the web service using a proxy class:
MyWebService webService = new MyWebService.MyClass();
webService.Credentials = new NetworkCredential("MyDomain\
\SomeOneElse", "HisPassword");
webService.UseDefaultCredentials = false;
webService.HelloWorld();

However if I in the web service HelloWorld() function check
User.Identity.Name I am stil getting "MyDomain\\Me" and not "MyDomain\
\SomeOneElse".

ganesh

Please get clue from following questions.
Do the other users have access to the web service?
See the security permissions for the web service directory?
Is that user in the network and have access to the web server?

mail747097

Please get clue from following questions.
Do the other users have access to the web service?
See the security permissions for the web service directory?
Is that user in the network and have access to the web server?

- Visa citerad text -

My other post contains more information:

I'm trying to access a web service with another user running under
the
built in web server in VS.NET 2005. I have the following code to
access the web service:

MyWebService webService = new MyWebService.MyClass();
webService.Credentials = new NetworkCredential("MyDomain\
\SomeoneElse", "HisPassword");
webService.UseDefaultCredentials = false;
webService.HelloWorld();

However if I check User.Identity.Name in the web service I get
"MyDomain\\Me" insead of "MyDomain\\SomeoneElse".

I would like to use this to only allow "MyDomain\\SomeoneElse" to
access the web service so I have the following in web.config:

<authentication mode="Windows"/>
<authorization>
<allow users="MyDomain\SomeoneElse"/>
<allow users="MyDomain\Me"/>
<deny users="*"/>
</authorization>

Where "MyDomain\Me" is only for this test.

Your questions:
Do the other users have access to the web service? - See
<authorization> above.
See the security permissions for the web service directory? - See
<authorization> above.
Is that user in the network and have access to the web server? - All
users are in ActiveDirectory and members of the domain.

I have discovered now that this only is a problem with the web server
built into VS.NET 2005 and that it works in IIS.