WebService basics - recieving a request and sending a response

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Sinex, Apr 27, 2007.

  1. Sinex

    Sinex Guest

    Hi,
    I need info on the basics of webservices. I want to write a .net
    webservice that will be consumed by a client developed in Java.
    The client will request for some catalouge info. My webservice needs to pick
    this info from a DB and send it back to the client.

    The client has provided me a wsdl. This has types and operations defined. It
    also defines how to return arrays of objects (specifying its own tag and not
    "ArrayOf"....).

    The DB is currently under development...so I want to hard code the data and
    send it back. Is there a way wherein I can form the entire response message
    in my code (this has to be the SOAP message rite?) and then send it back as
    a response? How do I know what is the format of the SOAP response and
    request?

    ....Sinex

    Sinex, Apr 27, 2007