webservice-call / keepalive false/ integrated authentication

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Tapio Kulmala, Dec 29, 2006.

  1. I'm having nasty problems with one of out werbservices (W2003Server, .NET1.1
    SP1 ). The clent receives an error

    System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected
    error occurred on a send.

    The problem occurs only intermittently but incurs serious problems in our
    application.

    I found multiple references to this same problem. Most of them instructed to
    turn keepalive off with a code like this:

    (C#)
    protected override WebRequest GetWebRequest(Uri uri)
    {
    HttpWebRequest webRequest = (HttpWebRequest) base.GetWebRequest(uri);
    webRequest.KeepAlive = false;
    return webRequest;
    }

    Unfortunately i can't use this solution because it breaks down the
    authentication mechanism of the webservice call.

    Has anybody solved this problem yet?

    Any suggestions will be gratefully accepted.

    Tapio

    Tapio Kulmala, Dec 29, 2006