    the directory it's going to or is it something else. My network guy has set
    up the directory so the ASP.NET account has everything except full control.

    Any thoughts.

    WinDev, Feb 7, 2007

  2. WinDev

    WinDev Guest

    Can anybody help with this ? I can't explain why this doesn't work. It works
    when we connect locally (although I think the local ASP.Net account is a full
    administrator ) it won't work when we go to the delivered web server.

    I have checked the server ASP.Net account and it has full complete rights to
    the directory I'm trying to write to.

    Any thoughts?

    WinDev, Feb 9, 2007

  3. Personally i think it is plain wrong to give your asp.net process these
    rights , every web connected process should have as few rights as is
    absolutely necesary ( hint these ar the default settings normally )
    ,,, i think it is more a program design thingy ..

    How would i solve this ?

    I would write the file stream to a database ( SQL server ) , on the local
    system i would run a local process in my designated user context that would
    stream the database contents to a file
    i think that your tech guy should be much happier with this solution .

    regards

    Michel posseth

    Michel Posseth [MCP], Feb 10, 2007