Webservice-Client (Axis) with HTTP-Authentication: how to do?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Reinhard, Mar 29, 2006.

  1. Reinhard

    Reinhard Guest

    Hello!

    I built a webservice-server by using Axis, that checks user/password. It
    runs successfuly.

    But now: how to build a (test-) client, that sends user/password?

    The server has lines like these in its WSDD file:

    <deployment ...
    <service name="SoUndSo" provider="java:RPC">
    <requestFlow>
    <handler type="java:xx.yy.ZzzAuthenticationHandler"/>
    </requestFlow>

    The class xx.yy.ZzzAuthenticationHandler looks like this:

    package xx.yy;
    import org.apache.axis.AxisFault;
    import org.apache.axis.MessageContext;
    import org.apache.axis.handlers.BasicHandler;
    public class ZzzAuthenticationHandler extends BasicHandler {
    public void invoke (MessageContext mc) throws AxisFault {
    String userID = mc.getUsername();
    String password = mc.getPassword();
    if ( user_or_password_are_bad ) {
    throw new AxisFault("blah blah");

    Well. It runs. (I did test it by using foreign client software an by
    logging the user and password I read in invoke-method.)

    There should be somthing similar for a webservice client, should'nt it?
    Can I write it into the file org/apache/axis/client/client-config.wsdd,
    that is in axis.jar, in any way? How to do?
    Can I simply extend the BasicHandler and then write user/passwort into
    the MessgeContext by using the setters?

    I would be very glad if anyone helps!

    Greetings

    Reinhard