Webservice-Client (Axis) with HTTP-Authentication: how to do?

Reinhard

Hello!

I built a webservice-server by using Axis, that checks user/password. It
runs successfuly.

But now: how to build a (test-) client, that sends user/password?

The server has lines like these in its WSDD file:

<deployment ...
<service name="SoUndSo" provider="java:RPC">
<requestFlow>
<handler type="java:xx.yy.ZzzAuthenticationHandler"/>
</requestFlow>

The class xx.yy.ZzzAuthenticationHandler looks like this:

package xx.yy;
import org.apache.axis.AxisFault;
import org.apache.axis.MessageContext;
import org.apache.axis.handlers.BasicHandler;
public class ZzzAuthenticationHandler extends BasicHandler {
public void invoke (MessageContext mc) throws AxisFault {
String userID = mc.getUsername();
String password = mc.getPassword();
if ( user_or_password_are_bad ) {
throw new AxisFault("blah blah");

Well. It runs. (I did test it by using foreign client software an by
logging the user and password I read in invoke-method.)

There should be somthing similar for a webservice client, should'nt it?
Can I write it into the file org/apache/axis/client/client-config.wsdd,
that is in axis.jar, in any way? How to do?
Can I simply extend the BasicHandler and then write user/passwort into
the MessgeContext by using the setters?

I would be very glad if anyone helps!

Greetings

Reinhard