WebService - Could not create type - ASP 2.0

D Godwin

I have a webservice that runs fine on my localhost (XP, IIS5.1, .NET2).
However, when it is deployed to the production server (WindowsServer2003,
IIS6, .NET2) via VS2005 "Copy Web Site" command, I receive the following
error when attempting to access it:

Parser Error Message: Could not create type 'DataService'.
Line 1: <%@ WebService Language="C#" CodeBehind="~/App_Code/Service.cs"
Class="DataService" %>

The service folder is set up as a virtual directory in IIS, and all files
match the ones on my localhost. The service is impersonating a user, but
doesn't work even if that user is a local administrator.

Does anyone have any idea why this isn't working? Am I missing some
configuration or security setting?

Thanks
David

D Godwin

Ah, sorry. With the holidays I forgot to post my resolution...

I was missing two things: first the ASP user did not have full permissions
to the correct temp folder (../Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/version
number), and second I had not assigned an application pool to the virtual
directory.

Hope this helps.
David