Webservice deployment

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Thibaut, Jun 24, 2007.

  1. Thibaut

    Thibaut Guest

    The solution is perharps very simple but I don't get it.
    I build a WebService with .net2 and vs2005 professional to enable the
    communication between a flex application and a database. the whole thing is
    working fine when i work localy. means when i start the webservice from
    visual studio and the flex application from the "Flex builder" which refers
    to the internet adress given in the internet explorer + ?WSDL

    The hard part is now that i am almost finished and i wanted to put a first
    beta version on my hosting server.

    When i select the menu "Publish web site" vs create almost everything but
    the amsx file looks like this

    "<%@ WebService Language="VB" CodeBehind="~/App_Code/ELearningWebService.vb"
    Class="ELearningWebService" %> "

    Which is ok from "development mode" but doesn't look so efficient for a
    production file.

    this is the result of the publish operation

    ELearningWebService.asmx
    Web.Config
    Config
    App_Code.dll
    ELearning.Core.dll

    the ELearning.Core.dll is the library layer that create the sql queries
    which are called from the webservice.

    Does anyone know how to configure the project or at least to "modify" the
    amsx file on the server to make the whole thing works!

    Thanks in advance

    Best regards,
    Thibaut
    Thibaut, Jun 24, 2007

  2. "Thibaut" <> wrote in message
    > The solution is perharps very simple but I don't get it.
    > I build a WebService with .net2 and vs2005 professional to enable the
    > communication between a flex application and a database. the whole thing
    > is
    > working fine when i work localy. means when i start the webservice from
    > visual studio and the flex application from the "Flex builder" which
    > refers
    > to the internet adress given in the internet explorer + ?WSDL
    >
    > The hard part is now that i am almost finished and i wanted to put a first
    > beta version on my hosting server.
    >
    > When i select the menu "Publish web site" vs create almost everything but
    > the amsx file looks like this
    >
    > "<%@ WebService Language="VB"
    > CodeBehind="~/App_Code/ELearningWebService.vb"
    > Class="ELearningWebService" %> "
    >
    > Which is ok from "development mode" but doesn't look so efficient for a
    > production file.
    >
    > this is the result of the publish operation
    >
    > ELearningWebService.asmx
    > Web.Config
    > Config
    > App_Code.dll
    > ELearning.Core.dll
    >
    > the ELearning.Core.dll is the library layer that create the sql queries
    > which are called from the webservice.
    >
    > Does anyone know how to configure the project or at least to "modify" the
    > amsx file on the server to make the whole thing works!

    I'm sorry, what is the exact problem you're having?
    --
    John Saunders [MVP]
    John Saunders [MVP], Jun 24, 2007

  3. Thibaut

    Thibaut Guest

    My problem is that I don't make it to deploy my webservice to my production
    server. When i start the webservice from Visual studio I get a well formed
    asmx file and i can "talk" to my webservice from my client application. When
    i publish the project and put it on my server. I get a blank web page. I
    think it's coming from the asmx file, because a reference is missing, better
    said i don't understand the definition of the published asmx file

    <%@ WebService Language="VB" CodeBehind="~/App_Code/ELearningWebService.vb"
    Class="ELearningWebService" %>

    How can I change the definition to make it "talk" to the App_Code.dll where
    you can find the whole code behind
    Thibaut, Jun 25, 2007
  4. "Thibaut" <> wrote in message
    > My problem is that I don't make it to deploy my webservice to my
    > production
    > server. When i start the webservice from Visual studio I get a well formed
    > asmx file and i can "talk" to my webservice from my client application.
    > When
    > i publish the project and put it on my server. I get a blank web page.

    You get a blank web page when you navigate to the .asmx with a browser? What
    happens when you try to access the .asmx file from your client application?

    --
    John Saunders [MVP]
    John Saunders [MVP], Jun 25, 2007
  5. Thibaut

    Egghead Guest

    I beleieve it is the setting here.
    Did you set the page and the web app at the production IIS? Ans, is the
    security setting correct on that folder?

    The blank page may be his production IIS 's error page.

    cheers,
    RL

    --
    cheers,