Webservice Doesnot work.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Arthur Dzhelali, Oct 19, 2006.

  1. ok, here is a scenario.
    I have web service written several years ago. It works fine, but it is time
    to upgrade and add new functionality.
    I created separate virtual directory for my development service.

    root\service1
    root\service2

    methods and method signatures of both services are the same.
    services located on production server. Both services are separate
    applications. they each have separate bin, web.config etc...

    call for each service is:
    www.mywebsite.com/service1
    www.mywebsite.com/service2

    Both services share the same application pull.
    Is this possible that this is a reason?

    I was able call methods of new server from local server.
    I was able to connect to it from my local computer where I have test
    website, but when I move test website to the farm and call service2, calls
    getting ignored. I am not getting any errors.
    Web site has identical code to the website on my local computer. It doesn't
    have a problems call service1.

    Arthur Dzhelali, Oct 19, 2006