WebService for a C++ MFC Application via COM Automation

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Frank Traenkle, Jul 16, 2003.

  1. Hi,

    I would like to start and access a native C++ MFC application from an
    ASP.NET webservice via COM automation. Or to put in other words: I would
    like to add a webservice to the application so that it can be controlled
    remotely via SOAP. The application already has a COM automation interface.
    But what makes it bad is that the application needs admin rights and that it
    opens GUIs.

    Is that possible in the first place? And if so, how do I set the webservice
    authorization rights correctly? How do I tell the application which log-in
    and which desktop to use?

    I have already succeeded in remotely controlling the application from a
    standalone C# application via COM.

    Any help is greatly welcome.

    Frank

    --
    Dr.-Ing. Frank Tränkle - Kirchenfeldstr. 47 - 71729 Erdmannhausen - Germany
    Phone +49 (0)7144 816000
    Frank Traenkle, Jul 16, 2003