webservice for Authentication

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by J-T, Nov 29, 2005.

  1. J-T

    J-T Guest

    I need to create a webserivce which is able to talk to the following
    components:

    1) Another webservice which is written by java and talks to its own backend
    database to authenticate the users
    2) Directly talk to a sql server database containg a table to store username
    and passwords
    3) Directoly talks to an Oracle Databse containg a table to store username
    and passwords
    4) Can query our internal Active Directory to authenticate our
    organization's staff

    The reason I choose a web service is that we want to create a sort of signle
    sign on startegy for all our applicationsm to use this webserivce to
    authenticate the users against. my webserivce needs to be secure and also
    vey expandable to span future added components.

    Is there soehting similar out there or can anyone give me some idea?

    I really appreciate it.

    Thanks

    Lester J-T

    J-T, Nov 29, 2005

  2. In our company we already implemented it. It is possible to implement and be
    sure you will be happier.. Every u need is already exists in .NET. It is not
    so hard... Development would not take more than 5 man/day...

    Prepare a xml serializable class as a parameter data
    public class foo
    {
    public string username;
    public SecureString password;
    // .....
    }
    and mark this class as serializable this would help u to call this web
    service from different platforms...

    --
    HTH

    Thanks,
    Yunus Emre ALPÖZEN
    BSc, MCSD.NET

    Yunus Emre ALPÖZEN [MCSD.NET], Nov 29, 2005

  3. J-T

    J-T Guest

    Yunus,

    Thanks a lo for your nice reply. Can I ask you couple of questions? my email
    address is .

    I appreciate if you could send me your email so I can ask you some more
    questions.
    Thanks so much

    J-T, Nov 29, 2005