Webservice htc error in receieve

atef shehata

hi to all

i have a problem calling a webservice method using the webservice.htc

the problem is ..
my webservice method created using c# , accepts a string param

when calling this method from a browser using the behavior file , some
characters recieved as '??' , this characters has a code above 127.

for example:) sending a parm with value '123x' recieved as 123??
where x is a unicode character.

i don't know what is wrong .

thanks for your help.

rwg

Greetings atef

I have a few questions.

What do you mean by "using the webservice.htc" ?

Are both your client applications and the Web Service using the same language character set or could this be a language character set transaction
issue?

-rwg
This is what I think, not necessarily what is accurate!

--------------------
| From: (e-mail address removed) (atef shehata)
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices
| Subject: Webservice htc error in receieve
| Date: 17 Apr 2004 05:18:01 -0700
|
| hi to all
|
| i have a problem calling a webservice method using the webservice.htc
|
| the problem is ..
| my webservice method created using c# , accepts a string param
|
| when calling this method from a browser using the behavior file , some
| characters recieved as '??' , this characters has a code above 127.
|
| for example:) sending a parm with value '123x' recieved as 123??
| where x is a unicode character.
|
| i don't know what is wrong .
|
| thanks for your help.

atef shehata

Greetings atef

I have a few questions.

What do you mean by "using the webservice.htc" ?

Are both your client applications and the Web Service using the same language character set or could this be a language character set transaction
issue?

-rwg
This is what I think, not necessarily what is accurate!

sorry for my late reply .

1)i'm using the behavior file webservice.htc to fire a webservice
method on the web server (to avoid the too many client-server round
trips).
so , on the browser i render some javascript to execute the webservice
method which exists on the server.

the webservice method accepts a string parm (entered by the user on
the client side) .

the problem is : the recieved parm (on the webservice method) has some
characters as ?? (any non-latin characters ).

2) i think !! , i'm using the same character set.

can you tell me how to be sure that , the two character sets are the
same ?

thanks for your reply

atef