    where x is a unicode character.

    i don't know what is wrong .

    thanks for your help.
    atef shehata, Apr 17, 2004

  2. atef shehata

    rwg Guest

    Greetings atef

    I have a few questions.

    What do you mean by "using the webservice.htc" ?

    Are both your client applications and the Web Service using the same language character set or could this be a language character set transaction
    issue?

    -rwg
    This is what I think, not necessarily what is accurate!

    --------------------

    rwg, Apr 19, 2004

  3. atef shehata

    atef shehata Guest

    ("rwg") wrote in message news:<>...
    > Greetings atef
    >
    > I have a few questions.
    >
    > What do you mean by "using the webservice.htc" ?
    >
    > Are both your client applications and the Web Service using the same language character set or could this be a language character set transaction
    > issue?
    >
    > -rwg
    > This is what I think, not necessarily what is accurate!

    sorry for my late reply .

    1)i'm using the behavior file webservice.htc to fire a webservice
    method on the web server (to avoid the too many client-server round
    trips).
    so , on the browser i render some javascript to execute the webservice
    method which exists on the server.

    the webservice method accepts a string parm (entered by the user on
    the client side) .

    the problem is : the recieved parm (on the webservice method) has some
    characters as ?? (any non-latin characters ).

    2) i think !! , i'm using the same character set.

    can you tell me how to be sure that , the two character sets are the
    same ?

    thanks for your reply

    atef
    atef shehata, May 17, 2004