Webservice/http client behind a proxy server

Discussion in 'Java' started by Bjoern Bredohl, Dec 10, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    I have written a webservice client and it workes very fine. But now I
    have the problem, that I have to use it behind a proxy server.
    At the moment the user can once set a proxy server in my option menue.
    When the user starts the webservice in a jInternalFrame (after setting
    the proxy), the webservice use this new settings. But when he change the
    proxy settings again, the webservice (in the jInternalFrame) use the
    settings from the first call.

    I set the proxy informations with System.setProperty

    How can I solve this problem? I'm user the jdk 1.5.xx
    Is there another possibility to change the proxy settings at runtime?

    Thanks for your help, and sorry for my bad English.

    Björn

    Bjoern Bredohl, Dec 10, 2005