WebService newbie - consuming in multi-tier dev env... (DEV-UAT-PROD)

AC

I have a web service that we have deployed in our development, UAT, and production environment. When I add the web service to a project, I want to reference the developemnt instance... but when we go into production, I want to reference the production instance... different URLS.

When you add a web reference to a project, it assumes the name of the one you point to... in developemnt, t hat's the dev one. However I'd like to just give it a generic name and assign the actual target/source at runtime (and keep the actual URL in the web.config). Seems easy, I'm just having a hard time implementing it.