WebService not working when automatic configuration script is acti

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Praveen, Nov 24, 2004.

  1. Praveen

    Praveen Guest

    Hi,

    One of my clients has got the 'Automatic Configuration Script' in LAN
    Settings set to their proxy settings. Due to this my webservices could not be
    invoked from their end and gives an 'HTTP : 404 Not Found' error.

    The credentials are passed to the web services in the following way :-

    credentialCache.Add(new
    Uri("http://ecosystem1.maximizelearning.com/"),"Basic",new
    NetworkCredential(frmProxyInputs.txtProxyUserName.Text.Trim(),
    frmProxyInputs.txtProxyPassword.Text.Trim()));

    webproxy.Credentials=credentialCache.GetCredential( new
    Uri("http://ecosystem1.maximizelearning.com/"), "Basic" );
    objServerDate.Proxy = webproxy;

    This works on all other proxy setups.

    Could anyone please help me in resolving this issue.

    Regards,
    Praveen Balagopalan.
    Praveen, Nov 24, 2004

  2. Praveen

    Dan Rogers Guest

    Hi,

    I think you will find that you need to create a WebProxy class and set the
    credentials on that class and then set the Proxy property to that instance
    instead of setting it to a Credential class.

    I hope this helps

    Dan Rogers
    Microsoft Corporation

    is acti