Webservice on XP

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Ron, Oct 1, 2003.

  1. Ron

    Ron Guest

    Hi,

    I've got a webservice which is called from javascript in asp. This has been
    installed on various Win2000 machines and is working fine. Now I installed
    it on a WinXP machine and get the following error:

    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to read
    request. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML
    document (5, 30). ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a
    correct format.
    at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo
    info)
    at System.Xml.XmlConvert.ToInt32(String s)
    at
    Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReader1.Read18
    _GetUserLimit()
    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader,
    String encodingStyle)
    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerProtocol.ReadParameters()
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerProtocol.ReadParameters()
    at System.Web,Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandler.Invoke()
    at System.Web,Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandler.CoreProcessRequest()

    The function initializing the service (called in the body onload):
    function InitWebService() {

    ServiceDiv.useService("http://MyServer/VirDir/MyService.asmx?WSDL","MyServic
    e");
    }
    The actual function call:
    ServiceDiv.MyService.callService("MyFunction", "Parameters");

    Any help would be appreciated
    Ron

    Ron, Oct 1, 2003

  2. Ron

    Ron Guest

    Hi,

    The problem is that this error occurs on initialization, before even calling
    a method, while the message indicates that an error occured in function
    GetUserLimit()

    Regards,
    Ron

    Ron, Oct 6, 2003