Webservice Operation Has Timed Out?

beefeater267

Hey,

We have a .NET web application that talks to a .NET web service. We
are making long calls to the webservice and are receiving timeout.

So, in the web app, we have an ExecutionTimeout parameter set to a
large value. And, in the web service, in the reference.cs file, where
there's a stub for the web service constructor, we set the timeout to a
large value as well.

So, everything works ok under certain circumstances.

To make this work with no timeout, we must set the compilation debug =
true on the web service. When we set the compilation debug = false on
the web service, we get the timeout.

Any reason why we must set the debug = true on the webservice to make
everything ok? Seems odd that it does not work for debug = false.

Any ideas?