webservice operation timeout

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by beefeater267, Jan 16, 2007.

  1. beefeater267

    beefeater267 Guest

    Hey,

    We have a .NET web application that talks to a .NET web service. We
    are making long calls to the webservice and are receiving timeout.

    So, in the web app, we have an ExecutionTimeout parameter set to a
    large value. And, in the web service, in the reference.cs file, where
    there's a stub for the web service constructor, we set the timeout to a
    large value as well.

    So, everything works ok under certain circumstances.

    To make this work with no timeout, we must set the compilation debug =
    true on the web service. When we set the compilation debug = false on
    the web service, we get the timeout.

    Any reason why we must set the debug = true on the webservice to make
    everything ok? Seems odd that it does not work for debug = false.

    Any ideas?

    beefeater267, Jan 16, 2007