Webservice problem url urgent

aka

Hi ,
I have created a webservice in asp.net with c# as code behind.When i run or
debug my application the web service works fine .How can I make this
webservice active or run by just using the url ?So that i can use in another
applications at client side by just passing the url like
http://localhost/myweb/service.asmx.I tried but i could not access the
webservice by using only url .how can i achieve this?
Please respond urgently.I am badly in need of help
thanks in advance
kka

Andrew Brook

The simplest way to connect to a webservice (using visual studio) is to 'add
a webreference'. The dialog which pops up will ask for the address of the
service (http://localhost/myweb/service.asmx) and will then generate a proxy
class for you (the default name is WebReference, unless you change it). You
should then be able to access the service through the proxy class.

Hope this helps
Andrew

Ramya A

You have to deploy the C# web service in the target server before
accessing the web service from other applications.
Create a new project selecting "Setup and Deployment", Web Setup
project and add it to your existing solution project. You can read
"Deploying a Web solution" under help which walkthroughs the procedure.
Once the setup is created, you will have to copy everything from
Debug directory of the local machine to the target server. From the
target server, run the Setup.exe and that will deploy the web service.
Then when you use the http://<target server computer name>/<virtual
directory>, it should display the default asmx file. This is now ready
for use from your client applications as well.

Hope this helps.
Ramya

Ramya A

You have to deploy the C# web service in the target server before
accessing the web service from other applications.
Create a new project selecting "Setup and Deployment", Web Setup
project and add it to your existing solution project. You can read
"Deploying a Web solution" under help which walkthroughs the procedure.
Once the setup is created, you will have to copy everything from
Debug directory of the local machine to the target server. From the
target server, run the Setup.exe and that will deploy the web service.
Then when you use the http://<target server computer name>/<virtual
directory>, it should display the default asmx file. This is now ready
for use from your client applications as well.

Hope this helps.
Ramya

aka

hi,thanks all for your input.my problem is versions .my web service is
developed in asp 2.0. and my iis was set default to asp1.1
I had fixed it.
thanks for giving quick response