    Please respond urgently.I am badly in need of help
    thanks in advance
    kka

    aka, Aug 1, 2006

  2. aka

    Andrew Brook Guest

    The simplest way to connect to a webservice (using visual studio) is to 'add
    a webreference'. The dialog which pops up will ask for the address of the
    service (http://localhost/myweb/service.asmx) and will then generate a proxy
    class for you (the default name is WebReference, unless you change it). You
    should then be able to access the service through the proxy class.

    Hope this helps
    Andrew

    Andrew Brook, Aug 1, 2006

  3. aka

    Ramya A Guest

    You have to deploy the C# web service in the target server before
    accessing the web service from other applications.
    Create a new project selecting "Setup and Deployment", Web Setup
    project and add it to your existing solution project. You can read
    "Deploying a Web solution" under help which walkthroughs the procedure.
    Once the setup is created, you will have to copy everything from
    Debug directory of the local machine to the target server. From the
    target server, run the Setup.exe and that will deploy the web service.
    Then when you use the http://<target server computer name>/<virtual
    directory>, it should display the default asmx file. This is now ready
    for use from your client applications as well.

    Hope this helps.
    Ramya

    Ramya A, Aug 1, 2006
  4. aka

    Ramya A, Aug 1, 2006
  5. aka

    aka Guest

    hi,thanks all for your input.my problem is versions .my web service is
    developed in asp 2.0. and my iis was set default to asp1.1
    I had fixed it.
    thanks for giving quick response

    aka, Aug 2, 2006