    Dave Guest

    Has anyone seen any articles or instructions for building
    webservice proxies with VS.net?

    Dave, Oct 9, 2003

  2. I'm sure if you search for web references, or web services in msdn, you can
    find some instruction, but it is really very simple.

    1) create your client project.
    2) go to the project menu and choose add web reference
    3) browse using the web reference browser to the .asmx file or .wsdl file
    and click add reference (set the namespace here if you are using VS2003)
    This automatically creates the proxy for you.
    You call the web service in code by instanciating a new instance of the web
    service proxy, and calling your method

    You can also use the command line tool wsdl.exe to create the proxy.

    Hope this helps
    -Ed Smith
    VB QA Team

    >From: "Dave" <>
    >Sender: "Dave" <>
    >Subject: Webservice Proxies With VS.net
    >Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 10:05:57 -0700
    >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices

    >Has anyone seen any articles or instructions for building
    >webservice proxies with VS.net?

    This reply is provided AS IS, without warranty (express or implied).

    Ed Smith[msft], Oct 13, 2003