Webservice - removing part of input string parameter

Swan B

Dear all,

Another party is sending inputdata to our Web Service, InputDataWS,
The other party is using a regular http get request, for some reason the
last part of the string is cut off

[WebMethod]
public void InputDataWS(string strInputData)

All parameters are sent in one string of format:
FirstName=Tom&LastName=Johnsen

We only receive:
FirstName=Tom

How can we possibly get the WebService to accept the full string ?
Anyone being able to shed some light at the issue are most welcome?

Thanks,

Swan B.

m.posseth

Swan

standard the maxurl property = 16 KB the maxquerystring property = 4 KB

these are the standard maximum values that MS IIS accepts

The specs say 2024 characters the practical limit is 2000 characters,
because some proxys and browsers don`t handle 2024
note that this includes the URL

maybe you went beyond the limit of IIS or one of the proxys / webbrowser on
the way to you ?

regards

Michel Posseth [MCP]