Webservice - removing part of input string parameter

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Swan B, Dec 10, 2005.

  1. Swan B

    Swan B Guest

    Dear all,

    Another party is sending inputdata to our Web Service, InputDataWS,
    The other party is using a regular http get request, for some reason the
    last part of the string is cut off

    [WebMethod]
    public void InputDataWS(string strInputData)

    All parameters are sent in one string of format:
    FirstName=Tom&LastName=Johnsen

    We only receive:
    FirstName=Tom

    How can we possibly get the WebService to accept the full string ?
    Anyone being able to shed some light at the issue are most welcome?

    Thanks,

    Swan B.

    Swan B, Dec 10, 2005

  2. Swan B

    m.posseth Guest

    Swan

    standard the maxurl property = 16 KB the maxquerystring property = 4 KB

    these are the standard maximum values that MS IIS accepts

    The specs say 2024 characters the practical limit is 2000 characters,
    because some proxys and browsers don`t handle 2024
    note that this includes the URL

    maybe you went beyond the limit of IIS or one of the proxys / webbrowser on
    the way to you ?

    regards

    Michel Posseth [MCP]

    m.posseth, Dec 12, 2005