webservice returning dataset (recordset) to visual basic 6 app?

Guest

Hi everyone!

Is there any way I can write a web service that would be called from an old
vb6 app and returning a dataset which would return to vb6 as recordset?

Can anyone provide me with an example?

Thanks in advance!

John Saunders [MVP]

patrickdrd said:
Hi everyone!

Is there any way I can write a web service that would be called from an
old
vb6 app and returning a dataset which would return to vb6 as recordset?

Is there any way for a VB6 app to turn XML into a recordset? If so, then
that would be the kind of XML you would want your web service to return.

John Saunders [MVP]

Mark Rae said:

Thanks, Mark,

Actually, the following query is closer to what I was getting at:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&rlz=1T4GGIH_en-GBGB220GB220&q=VB6+XML+recordset+ado+2.5&meta=

One of the articles that finds was most helpful:

Save Recordsets To/Load Recordsets From XML Files Using ADO 2.5
(http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.Asp?ID=1204). It shows that one should
research the adPersistXML format in calling the Save method of an ADO
recordset to produce XML that ADO can then turn into an recordset again.
That is the format you would want to transport in your web service.