WebService- Server application unavailable

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jay, Apr 27, 2007.

  1. Jay

    Jay Guest

    Hello,

    I have created a simple web service and I have deployeed it in IIS
    server. I have 2 versions of ASP.NET 1.1.4322 and 2.0. But when I
    access webservice I get error..

    Server Application Unavailable
    The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is
    currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web
    browser to retry your request.

    Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this
    specific request failure can be found in the application event log of
    the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused
    this error to occur.

    Why I am getting this error?

    Regards,
    Jayshri

    Jay, Apr 27, 2007

  2. If you are using Windows 2003, one possible check: see if the application
    pool your web service is running under is not stopped and the app pool's user
    creds are correct.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2l2YSBN?=, Apr 27, 2007

  3. "Jay" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have created a simple web service and I have deployeed it in IIS
    > server. I have 2 versions of ASP.NET 1.1.4322 and 2.0. But when I
    > access webservice I get error..
    >
    > Server Application Unavailable
    > The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is
    > currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web
    > browser to retry your request.
    >
    > Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this
    > specific request failure can be found in the application event log of
    > the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused
    > this error to occur.
    >

    > Why I am getting this error?

    Did you look in the application event log?
    --
    John Saunders [MVP]

    John Saunders [MVP], Apr 27, 2007