WebService timeout after setting debug="false"

wcchan

Hi,
We set debug="false" at web.config of a WebService for performance sake. We
found that after set, the web service request will sometimes got a timeout
exception. Would anyone tell me how long the web service request be timeout
and how to configure the timeout limit of the webservice calls?
Thanks advance.

Sami Vaaraniemi

The timeout is specified in the <httpRuntime executionTimeout = "xxx"> tag
in machine.config file. You can override this on a per-application bases in
the application web.config file.

Another setting that you may need to tweak is responseDeadLockInterval
attribute of the <processModel> tag.

Regards,
Sami

Sherif ElMetainy

Hello

The default server side timeout is 90 seconds (in <httpRuntime> element in
machine.config) You can override the value in web.config.

The default client side is 100 seconds and you can change it as Dilip
already mentioned.

Best regards,
Sherif