    cuestion or some security setting than prevents the Web service returning
    the dataset? Where should I look for the culprit?

    Thanks beforehand!
    Kari Lappalainen, Jul 18, 2003

  2. Kari Lappalainen

    Marina Guest

    Is there an actualy timeout? I mean, is it actually timing out after a
    couple of minutes or right away?

    If it is a timeout issue, try setting the Timeout property on the proxy
    object. I believe it is 100 seconds by default.

    "Kari Lappalainen" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all!
    > I have a problem with deploying my webservice in our Web server. In my
    > development machine (inside of our LAN), everything works fine. When I

    move

    Marina, Jul 18, 2003

  3. Marina,
    my application should never reach the timeout, in my PC it responds in
    less than 5 seconds. I still think that our web-server has the 'security'
    tighten up and either our net-admin doesn´t understand me or I cannot
    explain the problem...
    Nevertheless the previous version worked (or limped) thru using Access
    linked tables to the SQL database and now the supersonic pure ODBC-versión
    has me bewitched with this time-out crap...
    I´ll have a beer and think about this again...

    Thanks

    Kari Lappalainen, Jul 21, 2003