WebService timeout

Kari Lappalainen

Hi all!
I have a problem with deploying my webservice in our Web server. In my
development machine (inside of our LAN), everything works fine. When I move
the application into our Web server (public addressed), I always get the
timeout exception. My app connects to our database server (inside of our
LAN) to get statistical data in form of datasets. Is it a TCP/IP port
cuestion or some security setting than prevents the Web service returning
the dataset? Where should I look for the culprit?

Thanks beforehand!

Marina

Is there an actualy timeout? I mean, is it actually timing out after a
couple of minutes or right away?

If it is a timeout issue, try setting the Timeout property on the proxy
object. I believe it is 100 seconds by default.

Kari Lappalainen

Marina,
my application should never reach the timeout, in my PC it responds in
less than 5 seconds. I still think that our web-server has the 'security'
tighten up and either our net-admin doesn´t understand me or I cannot
explain the problem...
Nevertheless the previous version worked (or limped) thru using Access
linked tables to the SQL database and now the supersonic pure ODBC-versión
has me bewitched with this time-out crap...
I´ll have a beer and think about this again...

Thanks