Webservice to connect to exchange 2003

Carlos Martins

I work for a company wich has an ASP.NET portal (developed by us) being used
on the intranet by the employees. We also have a server with Exchange 2003
and everyone uses outlook 2007 as their email client. The portal has a
meeting feature wich alows them to define and send tasks to certain people.

The thing we want to implement is the possibility to automatically log in on
to the meeting's speaker's account and send task requests directly from his
account. This way, the task update's, etc. will be emailed directly back to
him and he will have the task already registered on his outlook calendar.

Has anyone here created/used a webservice to login on exchange 2003 and send
emails, task requests, etc?

OOM is not supported on services...
LDAP and WEBDAV doesn't support task requests...
So it leaves only MAPI and CDO. There are a couple of wrappers for MAPI on
the web (redemption is probably the best - I've been using it to send emails
with RTF content, etc. but haven't been able to send task requests yet) but
there are always strange errors with limited support because this things
were never thought to be used on services but only on aplications.

Aparently Exchange 2007 has a webservice that supports this but for those of
us wich don't have 2007 can't we do anything?

Thanks,
Carlos - Portugal