    Any ideas how to get around this?

    IM guessing some kind of listener on the client..but this is new ground
    for me, appreciate your input...

    andy, Apr 14, 2006

  2. you client just listens on any port you pick. then it calls the webserver to
    register its ipaddress and port number. the webserver can call back in the
    future. this will require the client to open their firewall to the new port
    number. if they are using nat translation, then they will need to setup a
    static ipaddress map in the router, and give the nat'd ipaddress to the
    webserver.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\), Apr 17, 2006

  3. andy

    andy Guest

    thanks bruce, a bit advanced for me, but i will give it a go ! thanks
    for the help

    andy, Apr 18, 2006