webservice to remote client

andy

Calling architecture help...

I have made a client to app download data from a webserver by calling a
webservice.

Now i need to be able to do the reverse , call the client on the remote
pc from the webservice (hosted on ISP)

Any ideas how to get around this?

IM guessing some kind of listener on the client..but this is new ground
for me, appreciate your input...

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

you client just listens on any port you pick. then it calls the webserver to
register its ipaddress and port number. the webserver can call back in the
future. this will require the client to open their firewall to the new port
number. if they are using nat translation, then they will need to setup a
static ipaddress map in the router, and give the nat'd ipaddress to the
webserver.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)