WebService To WebService HTTP Connection Limit

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Scott, Jan 31, 2006.

  1. Scott

    Scott Guest

    I have a .Net web service (OPR) that receives requests from a variety
    of real-time applications. The OPR web service calls another remote web
    service (OPW) on a remote machine.

    The problem that I'm having is that I'm exceeding the default HTTP
    connection limit of 2 connections between the two web services.

    MSDN documentation
    (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpgenr
    ef/html/gngrfaddelementforconnectionmanagement.asp) says that I can
    extend the HTTP limit by overriding the maxConnection attribute on the
    connectionManagement element in the app.config or machine.config, but I
    get an error when trying to override this element in my web.config:
    "Unrecognized configuration section 'connectionManagement'".
    Here's a snippet from my web.config:

    -------------------------
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <configuration>
    <system.web>
    <connectionManagement>
    <add address="*" maxconnection="12"/>
    </connectionManagement>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>
    -------------------------

    The only other possibility I've found is to set the value in the
    registry, but I'm not sure this will work with web services:
    <http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=282402>.

    Any help on how to overcome the HTTP connection limit between web
    services is appreciated.

    Thanks.
    Scott C
    Scott, Jan 31, 2006

  2. Scott

    Scott Guest

    Scott wrote:

    > -------------------------
    > <?xml version="1.0"?>
    > <configuration>
    > <system.web>
    > <connectionManagement>
    > <add address="*" maxconnection="12"/>
    > </connectionManagement>
    > </system.web>
    > </configuration>

    I put the connectionManagement node in the system.web element instead
    of the system.net element.

    Scott C.
    Scott, Feb 1, 2006