    learning.
    (*.chm = compiled html file is prefferred).

    Thanks :)
    Mr. x, Sep 11, 2003

  2. Mr. x

    Eirik M. Guest

    "Mr. x" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello,
    > Where can I find some tutorial/help/samples of webservice for first
    > learning.
    > (*.chm = compiled html file is prefferred).
    >
    > Thanks :)

    Have you tried MSDN?

    Eirik M.

    Eirik M., Sep 11, 2003

  3. Mr. x

    Mr. x Guest

    Yes, I have tried, and also google ... but in vain
    I don't know why there is too less information about web-services around the
    internet.
    Is web-service stand-alone, or is it in visual studio .net only , or it's
    too new to have some help around the internet ?
    (I know all around web-services : writing general aspx scripts, xml, soap,
    http, wsdl ... )
    I need some help, and basic samples for first writting web services, please.

    Thanks :)

    Thanks :)

    Mr. x, Sep 11, 2003
  4. Mr. x

    Eirik M. Guest

    "Mr. x" <> wrote in message
    > Yes, I have tried, and also google ... but in vain
    > I don't know why there is too less information about web-services around

    the
    > internet.
    > Is web-service stand-alone,

    Yes, see http://www.ws-i.org/. This is the interoperability organisation for
    web-services.

    or is it in visual studio .net only , or it's
    > too new to have some help around the internet ?

    No, not entirely. What I've learned about web-services I've learned from a
    book called "Programming .Net Web Services" published by O'Reilly; from
    reading the appropriate articles on MSDN (which are generally very good);
    from asking (and answering) questions at www.gotdotnet.com, and from working
    on two projects based on web-services. So no, they are not to new.

    > (I know all around web-services : writing general aspx scripts, xml, soap,
    > http, wsdl ... )

    If you know all about (around) web-services, why do you need help?

    > I need some help, and basic samples for first writting web services,

    please.

    In VS choose new project, choose ASP.NET Web Service and look at the code.
    You can uncomment the hello world example method and then you've got a fully
    functional web-service albeit not a very useful one.

    > Thanks :)

    Eirik M.

    Eirik M., Sep 11, 2003