webservice tutorial

Mr. x

Hello,
Where can I find some tutorial/help/samples of webservice for first
learning.
(*.chm = compiled html file is prefferred).

Thanks :)

Eirik M.

Mr. x said:
Hello,
Where can I find some tutorial/help/samples of webservice for first
learning.
(*.chm = compiled html file is prefferred).

Thanks :)
Have you tried MSDN?

Eirik M.

Mr. x

Yes, I have tried, and also google ... but in vain
I don't know why there is too less information about web-services around the
internet.
Is web-service stand-alone, or is it in visual studio .net only , or it's
too new to have some help around the internet ?
(I know all around web-services : writing general aspx scripts, xml, soap,
http, wsdl ... )
I need some help, and basic samples for first writting web services, please.

Thanks :)

Thanks :)

Eirik M.

Mr. x said:
Yes, I have tried, and also google ... but in vain
I don't know why there is too less information about web-services around the
internet.
Is web-service stand-alone,

Yes, see http://www.ws-i.org/. This is the interoperability organisation for
web-services.

or is it in visual studio .net only , or it's
too new to have some help around the internet ?

No, not entirely. What I've learned about web-services I've learned from a
book called "Programming .Net Web Services" published by O'Reilly; from
reading the appropriate articles on MSDN (which are generally very good);
from asking (and answering) questions at www.gotdotnet.com, and from working
on two projects based on web-services. So no, they are not to new.
(I know all around web-services : writing general aspx scripts, xml, soap,
http, wsdl ... )

If you know all about (around) web-services, why do you need help?
I need some help, and basic samples for first writting web services,
please.

In VS choose new project, choose ASP.NET Web Service and look at the code.
You can uncomment the hello world example method and then you've got a fully
functional web-service albeit not a very useful one.

Eirik M.